King St. Dental Wellness Center provides five levels of sedation:
- Full sedation with an anesthesiologist
- Deeper sedation – IV sedation
- Moderate sedation – combination of nitrous oxide and oral sedative (a pill)
- Light sedation – An oral sedative
- Light sedation – Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas)
Our team of specialists will discuss which level meets your needs.
Who will benefit from sedation?
Any form of sedation can be a benefit to relieve stress or anxiety associated with a dental visit.
Oral sedation dentistry can benefit a wide range of patients, including people with:
- children with special needs
- a desire to have dentistry done comfortably while fully relaxed
- high dental anxiety or fear
- severe gag reflex
- time constraints
- chronic or acute jaw soreness
- physical limitations
- difficulty getting numb
- extensive treatment needs
During the entire time you are sedated you are in our dental treatment room being monitored by a hospital grade pulse oximeter unit. This unit is used to monitor and record your vital signs.