Amalgam/Mercury Filling Removal

The doctors of King St. Dental Wellness Center focus on patient education. Evidence shows that amalgam/mercury fillings have a negative impact on overall health. Amalgam/Mercury fillings weaken teeth, very often leading to cracked teeth and the release of toxic mercury vapors in the mouth and body by simply chewing. Due to health risks involved with amalgam, we follow the following safety protocol recommended by of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) and other prominent biological and holistic dental organizations:

  • use of a rubber dam
  • the option of pure oxygen
  • copious amounts of water with a special suction device

After the mercury is removed, we restore the tooth with safe, biocompatible materials. The mercury that is removed is then isolated from our patients and staff and disposed of responsibly. We have installed a special water filter that separates the mercury so it does not go down the drain and pollute the environment.

FacebookTwitterTumblrPinterestEmailLinkedInBlogger PostWordPress